EU NIS Directive Compliance
What is the EU NIS Directive?
The EU Network and Information Security Directive (NISD) is the first piece of EU-wide cybersecurity legislation. The EU NIS Directive took effect as of May 2018.
The goal of the directive is to boost cybersecurity efforts across the EU on behalf of citizens’ comfort and safety across the digital sphere. This is accomplished through three critical aspects:
- Greater National Capabilities
- Increased EU-level Cooperation
- National Supervision of Critical Sectors (Computer Security Incident Response Teams)
Achieve NIS Directive Compliance with a Risk-Based Approach
EU Member States must work together to deal with the evolving landscape of cybersecurity threats. To meet the requirements of the EU NIS Directive, companies must have measures in place to manage cyber risks. The regulations specifically apply to Operators of Essential Services and Digital Service Providers, which make up critical business sectors that, if services were disrupted, would have a profound impact on the society or the economy.
Achieving EU NIS Directive compliance can be overwhelming. However, EU Member States can achieve increased EU-level cooperation with the help of an enterprise risk management approach. When businesses take a risk-based approach, they can easily break down processes into segments that different individuals are accountable for. Step by step, as individuals within each business complete their own tasks, these segments will be brought back together into a picture of compliance.
Measuring and achieving NIS Directive compliance can be a large undertaking without software, as many different applications would be required to cover the scope of this new regulation. With LogicManager, every tool you need to become compliant is centralized in one intuitive platform.
LogicManager ties for the highest overall position for Ability to Execute in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for IT Risk Management Solutions.
LogicManager’s NIS Directive Compliance Solution
LogicManager provides configurable risk readiness libraries to break regulations into specific requirements for your organization’s cybersecurity program. The readiness library makes it easy to determine which of the Network and Information Security Directive requirements are being fulfilled by your current processes and which require additional attention to ensure your organization is meeting national requirements.
- Automated Workflows: Computer Security Incident Teams (CSIRT) can leverage LogicManager’s automatic reminders and notifications to provide alerts and information to relevant stakeholders about risks and incidents.
- NISD Audit Readiness Checklist: Conduct an EU NIS Directive audit with our pre-built audit readiness checklist to see the scope of applicability to your company and identify any gaps in compliance.
- Incident Reporting: When a cyber incident occurs, Operators of Essential Services and Digital Service Providers can send alerts to the relevant national authority immediately once they become aware of the incident using LogicManager’s security incident management software.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Liaisons between Member States can generate reports on anything from the status of a submitted incident to the progress of security measures that can be provided to the assigned CSIRT.
- Risk and Resource Needs Assessments: Operators of Essential Services can leverage pre-built risk assessments, including LogicManager’s Cyber Assessment Framework, which competent authorities will use to judge compliance.
Get this solution.
If you’re already a LogicManager customer, you can contact your advisory analyst to activate this plugin! If you’re new to LogicManager, you can request a personalized demo to get a better overall look at the EU NIS Directive, and how your organization can achieve compliance.
- Fraud Risk Management SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T13:46:09-04:00
- Ethics and ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T13:46:39-04:00
- EU NIS Directive ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-18T16:29:15-04:00
- OSHA ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2018-08-10T11:41:17-04:00
- GDPR ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2018-09-06T11:27:01-04:00
- User Access Governance Software and TemplateLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-26T09:47:20-04:00
- NIST RMF 2.0 Update (SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework Revision 2)LogicManager Analyst Team2019-06-18T08:59:37-04:00
- Model Risk ManagementLogicManager Analyst Team2018-09-06T11:39:35-04:00
- Operational Risk Management SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-17T14:58:57-04:00
- Cybersecurity Risk Assessment FrameworkLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-18T16:34:42-04:00