HIPAA Compliance Software
What Does HIPAA Compliance Entail?
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) is US legislation that provides data privacy and security provisions for safeguarding medical information.
HIPAA applies to any entity that takes healthcare insurance and any entity that provides healthcare services. The main purpose of HIPAA is to standardize the tracking and security of electronic healthcare transactions. HIPAA compliance requires organizations to implement safeguards that protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of electronic protected health information (ePHI).
Organizations who wish to achieve HIPAA compliance will benefit from HIPAA compliance checklists and HIPAA compliance software, which enables healthcare providers to meet requirements while simultaneously increasing efficiency.
What Are the Benefits of HIPAA Compliance Software?
Healthcare recordkeeping is moving full speed ahead, and will soon be entirely paperless. Few hospitals and insurance offices still keep hard copies of patient files safely guarded behind lock and key. The shift to electronic health records (EHR) has brought many benefits: greater efficiency, wider access, and seamless communication between practitioners and provider networks.
However, by putting information (once only exposed to physical threats such as break-ins or fires) in digital format, we open an entirely new realm of threats that must be mitigated. Faulty hardware, insufficient authentication, inadequate backups, and unintentional disclosures are now pervasive threats across all healthcare and service providers.
HIPAA risk assessment software empowers healthcare organizations to ensure threats are managed proactively and effectively without letting incidents fall through the cracks. LogicManager’s unique risk-based approach to HIPAA risk management enables your business to monitor and report on the effectiveness of your HIPAA compliance process, all while leveraging our pre-built HIPAA checklists and risk assessments.
Leverage LogicManager’s HIPAA Compliance Software and Checklist
LogicManager’s HIPAA compliance software comes preloaded with a HIPAA compliance checklist , HIPAA risk assessments, and reporting capabilities all in one unified framework.
HIPAA Compliance Checklists: LogicManager comes with out-of-the-box readiness checklists of HIPAA’s Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules.
HIPAA Risk Assessments: LogicManager offers pre-built risk assessment templates for Information Security, Data Privacy, and Incident Management, each of which directly align with the three sections of HIPAA.
Security Incident Template: We provide a security incident webform to support compliance with the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule by quickly notifying affected parties of a data breach.
Centralized Control Library: Document policies, procedures, and controls and link them to your HIPAA compliance checklist to create a clean audit trail, organize your compliance efforts, and identify gaps.
Automated Workflows and Tasks: Engage the right personnel in the compliance process with automatic workflows. Assign accountability for each regulatory requirement across the organization, and ensure remediation actions take place following a security event.
Business Intelligence Reporting: LogicManager comes with a host of auto-generated reports that aggregate your data into intuitive, flexible dashboards perfect for proving compliance and monitoring your compliance status.
Get this solution.
If you’re already a LogicManager customer, you can contact your business analysts to activate this plugin! If you’re new to LogicManager, you can request a personalized demo to see our HIPAA compliance software in action.
- Customer Complaint Management SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T12:53:09-04:00
- EU NIS Directive ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-18T16:29:15-04:00
- Regulatory Exam ManagementBernie Lapierre2019-03-04T15:47:57-05:00
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2019-10-04T10:57:37-04:00
- Supplier Onboarding and Vendor Onboarding Software and ChecklistsLogicManager Analyst Team2019-06-12T12:00:11-04:00
- ORSA Compliance and Risk Management | LogicManagerLogicManager Analyst Team2019-05-15T13:42:24-04:00
- HITRUST Common Security Framework (HITRUST CSF)LogicManager Analyst Team2018-08-29T13:49:21-04:00
- Consumer Compliance and ProtectionLogicManager Analyst Team2019-03-14T13:43:58-04:00
- Incident and Case Management for Healthcare OrganizationsLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T13:46:20-04:00
- NIST RMF 2.0 Update (SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework Revision 2)LogicManager Analyst Team2019-06-18T08:59:37-04:00