NIST RMF 2.0 Update
What is the NIST RMF Revision 2 Update?
This update to NIST Special Publication 800-37 is the next generation risk management framework (RMF). It is the first publication that is designed for information systems and organizations to address security and privacy risk management and is made for information. The RMF provides a disciplined, structured and flexible process that manages security and privacy risk. The RMF highlights activities that will prepare organizations at the appropriate risk management levels.
Providing real-time risk management, the RMF links essential processes at the system and operational level to the C-suite and governance level. There are seven major objectives that empower senior leaders and executives to facilitate a cost-effective and efficient framework. These objectives are built out into requirements and tasks that can be approved for compliance. Leverage taxonomy technology to link the NIST RMF 2.0 to specific and relevant business areas and strategic objectives.
What are the Benefits of Leveraging the NIST RMF 2.0 Framework?
The NIST Risk Management Framework was developed in 2016 to help organizations manage risk associated with the operation of a system as part of a broader organization-wide information security program. The framework provides a process for organization to take a risk-based approach to managing organizational risk. The NIST Special Publication 80-37 Revision 2 (RMF 2.0) build upon the Risk Management Framework for information systems, organizations, and individuals.
Information and operations technologies can be complex. Another main objective of the RMF 2.0 Framework is to reduce these complexities. More specifically, the framework eliminates unnecessary functions that do not address security and privacy risk.
The revision includes a step focused on preparation, and is a key change from the previous framework. The objective of this step is to achieve cost-effective and efficient security and privacy risk management processes. More specifically, this change facilitates communication between the C-suite and system owners at the operational level, which enables executives to meet both operational and strategic goals. Leveraging the RMF 2.0 Framework will empower organizations to utilize innovative approaches to manage risk, and increase automation to perform various tasks.
LogicManager’s NIST RMF 2.0 Framework:
Pre-Built NIST Cybersecurity Assessment Tool: Engage process owners across the enterprise with our pre-built, configurable NIST risk assessment.
Risk Library: House all of your organization’s risks based on the based on the NIST Cybersecurity Framework and Special Publication 800-37 in one centralized library.
Taxonomy Technology: LogicManager’s taxonomy addresses the question of who is responsible for what? Which departments need which resources? And where should resources be spent? Document and create relationships between your organization’s cybersecurity risks, processes, personnel, resources, and more.
Risk Assessment Methodology: Based on configurable rating scales, leverage LogicManager’s pre-built risk assessment across your enterprise.
Reporting Engine: Present controls to regulators and engaging reports to the board and senior management with ready-made, highly configurable reports and dashboards.
Automatic Updates: Ensure consistent compliance with automated tasks, reminders, and notifications to NIST content.
Get this solution.
If you’re already a LogicManager customer, you can contact your advisory analyst to activate this plugin! If you’re new to LogicManager, you can request a personalized demo to take an overall look at our NIST RMF 2.0 Compliance solution.
- Customer Complaint Management SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T12:53:09-04:00
- Mobile Banking Risk Assessment: Electronic Banking Examination ChecklistLogicManager Analyst Team2019-03-05T16:28:10-05:00
- Meaningful Use Specifications for EMR TransitionsLogicManager Analyst Team2018-08-10T11:03:35-04:00
- NIST RMF 2.0 Update (SP 800-37 Risk Management Framework Revision 2)LogicManager Analyst Team2019-06-18T08:59:37-04:00
- OSHA ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2018-08-10T11:41:17-04:00
- Software Asset Management (SAM) Tools | LogicManager SAM SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-18T16:17:14-04:00
- Cybersecurity Incident Management Software and Response PlanLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-18T16:31:32-04:00
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2019-10-04T10:57:37-04:00
- PCI DSS Compliance Software and ChecklistBernie Lapierre2019-07-18T16:30:04-04:00
- HIPAA Compliance SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-05-03T11:09:14-04:00