PCI DSS Compliance Checklist
What is PCI DSS Compliance?
PCI compliance is a responsibility shared by all organizations. The Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard (DSS) was developed to encourage effective cardholder data security. It does so by facilitating the broad adoption of consistent data security measures. Used internationally, PCI DSS provides a baseline of technical and operational compliance requirements designed to protect cardholder data by providing a minimum set of standard practices.
The development of PCI DSS was encouraged by numerous data breaches suffered by a variety of prominent companies. Business leaders are clear-eyed about new risks tied to emerging technologies. They recognize that a successful cyberattack on automated or robotic systems could have major consequences, including the disruption of operations, the compromise of sensitive data and damage to product quality.
A few information security statistics are particularly shocking:
- 30% of respondents report loss or damage of internal records as a result of a security incident
- 35% report compromised customer records
- 30% report compromised employee records
What are the Benefits of PCI DSS Compliance Software?
PCI DSS provides a simple set of testing and monitoring procedures. Even so, implementing this standard across an enterprise requires the ability to link requirements to controls, policies, and procedures. These may be hidden in organizational silos, requiring practitioners to spend time and effort documenting activities that are being completed across the organization.
PCI DSS compliance software is most successful when approached with a risk-based perspective. The Prioritized Approach emphasizes practicality and bases its requirements on merchants research, incidents of data breaches, and feedback from Quality Security Assessors (QSAs). With PCI compliance software and checklists, PCI compliance can be integrated into a larger Information Security program, streamlining compliance efforts across the business and reducing expense.
LogicManager’s PCI DSS Compliance Checklist and Software
Among other IT standards and frameworks, LogicManager assists organizations with PCI DSS compliance by enhancing and centralizing control practices to further mitigate risks, with our PCI compliance software. LogicManager allows organization to complete PCI DSS compliance checklists, track issues, and document control assertions and testing to monitor compliance.
- Pre-built PCI DSS checklists that allow you to break the standard down into actionable pieces
- Change management capabilities, meaning the appropriate part of your business will be automatically notified of any regulatory changes
- The ability to schedule specific, automatic alerts for assessments, tests, and surveys
- Seamless integration with email and third-party tools: LDAP, SSO technology, API integration, and data upload functionalities
- A robust reporting engine that allows you to re-aggregate data however you’d like, enabling you to evaluate PCI DSS compliance through any lens
Get this solution.
If you’re already a LogicManager customer, you can contact your advisory analyst to activate this plugin! If you’re new to LogicManager, you can request a personalized demo to see our PCI compliance checklist and software in action.
- Consumer Compliance and ProtectionLogicManager Analyst Team2019-03-14T13:43:58-04:00
- Regulatory Exam ManagementBernie Lapierre2019-03-04T15:47:57-04:00
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering ManagementLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T13:46:41-04:00
- Software Asset Management Tools | LogicManagerLeah Gourley2019-01-22T14:30:06-04:00
- OSHA ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2018-08-10T11:41:17-04:00
- Fraud Risk Management SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T13:46:09-04:00
- NIST Cybersecurity FrameworkLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-19T16:30:36-04:00
- Model Risk ManagementLogicManager Analyst Team2018-09-06T11:39:35-04:00
- Customer Complaint Management SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T12:53:09-04:00
- Cybersecurity Incident Management Software and Response PlanLeah Gourley2019-04-02T13:44:59-04:00