IT Governance Incident Management Software
Having a formalized Incident Management process for your IT Governance program helps keep your organization – and customers – safe. With LogicManager, streamline your efforts so you can safeguard with success.
LogicManager’s IT Governance Incident Management Solution
Here’s what you can expect with LogicManager’s IT Governance Incident Management solution package:
- Leverage our out-of-the-box security incident form, built on best practice recommendations. This secure webform is ready to be built into your environment as is, or can be customized to fit your needs. The best part: it can be made available to all employees through a standing URL.
- Through our workflow functionality, ensure the correct stakeholders are being involved – and that they have a response plan in place. This will allow for quicker response times and clearer processes to follow. IT, Privacy, Legal or any other relevant departments are automatically engaged and can identify where the event occurred, the severity of the event and the root cause.
- Maintain a full audit trail of everything that has been completed in the system and when. If a security incident does occur and examiners or auditors want to know how you responded to it (or if any potential lawsuits arose from it), you can quickly provide evidence of all the steps that you took.
- Our robust reporting engine helps you identify trends in your security events so you can determine where to strengthen your controls. Some popular reports used for IT Governance Incident Management include:
- Incident Dashboard: This is a visualization that can help identify which departments need to strengthen their controls, see trends and ultimately help determine the security practices that need to be strengthened.
- Incidents Table Report: This report provides an overview of all your security events and the applicable details. This allows IT managers to review all the events and details in one place.
- Open Tasks Due in the Next X Days: Security events need to be responded to in a timely manner. Having a report that can be heavily utilized by a manager provides insight into what tasks are coming up on their due date and who’s responsible for completing them.
Achieve IT Governance Incident Management with LogicManager
Maintain a centralized repository
Keeping all security events and potential security risks detailed in one, centralized repository enables you to act quickly in crisis mode. It also gives you the ability to review past events and identify trends over time, which can be instrumental in preventing future incidents.
Automate your processes
In the face of a security incident, there needs to be a clear process in place to occur immediately. With LogicManager, automate a predetermined response plan to kick off as soon as a security event occurs. This will ensure that your organization responds appropriately and the next steps are taken immediately. This helps mitigate potential damage the incident could have on your organization.
Our security event form can be accessible to all employees at your organization. With increased engagement on an enterprise-wide level, tracking incidents simultaneously helps you identify gaps in your program where you may need to strengthen controls.
What is IT Governance Incident Management?
From minor technical difficulties to data breaches, Incident Management in IT Governance enables employees, customers and other key stakeholders to speak up about threats to your organization’s cybersecurity. This not only helps improve company culture by fostering transparency, but it helps you gain critical insight into why, when and where incidents are occurring to prevent future risks from materializing.
LogicManager makes it easy to identify rising trends and emerging risks by creating relationships between incidents and departments, vendors or applications. Learn just how our IT Governance Incident Management solution package can help make your processes as painless – and effective – as possible.
The more you rely on technology, the more IT risks your organization becomes susceptible to. Some common examples today include:
- Hacking, resulting in data loss or theft
- Impersonation of executives to retrieve confidential information
- Knowledge, privilege or data abuse
- Unapproved hardware or software installation
- Polymorphic malware
These IT risks do not discriminate; any organization operating today inevitably has countless cyber aspects to its operations. Whether it’s touch points with other applications or platforms, employees processing potentially sensitive data, or maintaining an online presence, cyber risk is never a hypothetical.
If you aren’t able to prove that your organization had processes and procedures in place to prevent an incident from occurring, you could be found negligent. The fines, fees and penalties associated with a negligence lawsuit quickly add up. In terms of potential soft dollar consequences, security incidents can damage your reputation and customer loyalty.