Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB) Software
Companies everywhere are being pressured by the See-Through Economy and regulators alike to report on environmental and climate change information through the CDSB Framework. But many people struggle with knowing where to begin and building a disclosure program that’s sustainable and repeatable. LogicManager’s CDSB solution package is a great place to start.
Why a Risk-Based Approach to CDSB is important:
LogicManager’s CDSB Software
Here’s what you’ll get with LogicManager’s comprehensive CDSB solution package:
- Leverage our Content Hub for the most up-to-date version of the CDSB Framework out of the box. Only implement what is material to you, and compare what you’re doing to others in your industry along the way.
- Automate the answering of disclosure questions based on the governance work you’ve completed throughout the year so you’re never duplicating efforts.
- Need a piece of ad-hoc information? Easily engage relevant parties to gather information at any time through our easy-to-use integrated platform.
- LogicManager’s AI capabilities power a One-Click Compliance tool that identifies similarities to what you’re doing across all other frameworks. That means that once you complete your CDSB Framework reporting process, you’ll be primed for similar ESG disclosure requests in the future.
- Show leaders, investors, customers or ESG rating platforms that you have a strong ESG program through our robust reporting engine.
- Our ESG Readiness Dashboard displays your status with any ESG framework so you’re always up to date on your status.
- The Policy Portal makes it easy to view all of the policies you have in one place that are supporting your alignment with the CDSB Framework.
What is the CDSB Framework?
The CDSB Framework for reporting environmental and climate change information is designed to help organizations disclose environmental information in mainstream reports. This benefits investors looking to partner with environmentally-conscious, sustainable businesses. It also allows investors to assess the relationship between specific environmental matters and the organization’s strategy, performance and prospects. It is designed around the recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures and other key mainstream reporting requirements, aiming to streamline the reporting cycle for businesses everywhere.
If you fail to align your organization with the CDSB Framework, you’re missing out on a significant competitive advantage. Not only will you boost your stock value to investors by demonstrating your dedication to sustainable practices, but you’ll also acquire customers who share those values. Without reporting, you risk losing stakeholder and customer trust and ultimately put your reputation on the line.
When it comes to any ESG reporting process, there is always the risk of negligence and/or fraud. In your 10K and 10Q, there is a risk that the person making the disclosure isn’t actually aware of all of the risks they are claiming. Without ensuring that this person has confidence in what they are disclosing, even if they don’t know, they are still signing off on it and will face the penalties of negligence. When it comes to fraud, if you misrepresent your company with ESG data, your stock will go up artificially. This type of fraud puts you at risk of hefty fines, penalties, lawsuits or worse.
Lastly, aligning with the CDSB Framework inherently keeps you ahead of regulatory and policy changes, identify emerging risks and notice areas for improvement. Failure to examine your organization under this critical lens leads to failure to examine areas for improvement for your business, which ultimately hinders your success.