NIST Cybersecurity Framework
What Is NIST?
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) is a non-regulatory agency whose mission is “to promote U.S. innovation and industrial competitiveness by advancing science, standards, and technology.” NIST is responsible for the creation of a variety of standards and procedures which outline best practices, benchmark your organization against industry standards, and highlight gaps in your control environment.
Most notably, the NIST Cybersecurity Framework is designed to improve organizations’ effectiveness and security. NIST is unable to force other agencies to follow its standards; however, a recent study by Gartner showed that 30% of U.S. organizations use the NIST Cybersecurity Framework. Using these guidelines, organizations of all sizes and maturity levels can take steps toward cybersecurity assurance.
What are the Benefits of a NIST Risk Assessment Tool?
Today more than ever, organizations must be prepared to handle cybersecurity and IT-related threats. Recent scandals have emphasized the importance of utilizing risk management tools in particular to protect your organization. NIST helps promote the protection of critical infrastructure.
Committing to comply with NIST is a perfect first step to protecting your organization from data breaches and other cyber mishaps. However, keeping up with NIST updates and shoring up the gaps between your cybersecurity program and the NIST Cybersecurity Framework can take a lot of time and resources when done manually. An automated NIST risk assessment tool is the best way to streamline and prioritize your compliance efforts so you can focus less on manual tasks and more on strategic goals.
LogicManager’s NIST Risk Assessment Framework
As new threats are identified, and tomorrow’s technologies emerge, having a robust cybersecurity framework is extremely advantageous when building a standardized process, quickly implementing controls, and efficiently neutralizing threats. LogicManager houses the NIST Framework within a centralized risk analysis software equipped with a host of tools to ensure your program is aligned with these best practice standards.
LogicManager provides an out-of-the-box NIST risk assessment tool, which provides the building blocks for adherence to the NIST Framework. The contents are presented as risk statements, so managers can assess their exposure to certain risks. This creates a scalable baseline and a gap analysis that can be easily operationalized. On day one, organizations can break NIST into actionable pieces, map existing controls to the framework, and identify areas for improvement.
LogicManager ties for the highest overall position for Ability to Execute in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for IT Risk Management Solutions.
The LogicManager Platform Provides:
- Pre-Built NIST Cybersecurity Assessment Tool: Engage process owners across the enterprise with our pre-built, configurable NIST risk assessment.
- Automated Tasks: Create accountability across departments with automated tasks, reminders, and email notifications of recurring responsibilities and important dates.
- Incident Management: Never lose sight of a critical task with LogicManager’s integrated incident management capabilities.
- Reporting Engine: Present controls to regulators and engaging reports to the board and senior management with ready-made, highly configurable reports and dashboards.
- Automatic Updates: Ensure consistent compliance with automatic updates to NIST content.
Get this solution.
If you’re already a LogicManager customer, you can contact your advisory analysts to activate this plugin! If you’re new to LogicManager, you can request a personalized demo to see our NIST risk assessment tool in action. Not ready for a demo? Download our eBook “NIST Cybersecurity Framework: An Annotated Guide” in the meantime!
- Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering ManagementLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T13:46:41-04:00
- Regulatory Exam ManagementBernie Lapierre2019-03-04T15:47:57-05:00
- Cybersecurity Incident Management Software and Response PlanLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-18T16:31:32-04:00
- Fraud Risk Management SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-04-02T13:46:09-04:00
- EU NIS Directive ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-18T16:29:15-04:00
- Model Risk ManagementLogicManager Analyst Team2018-09-06T11:39:35-04:00
- NFPA 1600 Standard on Business Continuity and Disaster RecoveryLogicManager Analyst Team2018-10-01T13:31:33-04:00
- Software Asset Management (SAM) Tools | LogicManager SAM SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-07-18T16:17:14-04:00
- Due Diligence and Third-Party Risk Management for Investment AlternativesBernie Lapierre2018-02-22T16:58:05-05:00
- Supply Chain ManagementBernie Lapierre2019-02-26T11:33:19-05:00