Vendor Onboarding Checklist
What is Vendor Onboarding?
As organizations gather information about potential vendors and suppliers, the vetting and validation process is crucial. Organizations must evaluate the third parties’ capabilities as well as their risk levels before they take them on. The supplier onboarding process builds the foundation of lasting business relationships with third parties.
The vendor onboarding process can be a lengthy process made up of complex tasks that span across the enterprise, requiring input, review, and approvals from multiple departments. However, following a vendor onboarding template enables you to seamlessly meet both business needs and security and compliance requirements.
What Are the Benefits of a Supplier Onboarding Checklist?
When various departments are involved in the onboarding process, it can be laborious to develop efficient workflows and communication. Finance works on budgetary matters, compliance checks that relevant requirements are met, and IT conducts an in-depth technical review of the vendor’s suitability. Oftentimes, two or more departments are collecting similar or overlapping information. Vendor onboarding checklists outline the critical areas and risks that organizations need to evaluate as they take on new third parties.
Implementing a vendor onboarding process ensures that all important questions are top of mind throughout the onboarding process. What business objective does this vendor help achieve? Is there already have a vendor performing these services? Does the vendor align with internal policies and meet external regulations? What sensitive information will the vendor access? Automating the vendor onboarding process enables organizations to seamlessly identify the potential risks a vendor may have, and take the appropriate steps for remediation.
LogicManager’s Vendor Onboarding Template:
- Online Form Submittal: LogicManager enables vendors to submit important forms and documentations directly to your organization’s site.
- Automated Workflow: Route documents to the appropriate person use LogicManager’s automatic reminders and notifications to engage key individuals in the vendor review and approval process.
- Visibility and Automation Rules: Streamline your vendor management questionnaire to only display applicable fields using visibility rules. Trigger additional actions based on robust business logic engine.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Generate reports on anything from the status of requested vendors to a vendor catalog for business users to review available products and services from third parties.
- Centralized Library: Store important documents and forms in one centralized document repository. LogicManager’s version control feature enables organizations to download updated documents with changes.
- Due Diligence Checklists: Follow pre-built vendor onboarding checklists to ensure that potential suppliers meet internal policies and external regulations.
Get this solution.
If you’re already a LogicManager customer, you can contact your advisory analyst to activate this plugin! If you’re new to LogicManager, you can request a personalized demo to get a better overall look at new vendor onboarding software.
- User Access Review Software and TemplateAlix Jansma2019-01-28T13:30:22-04:00
- Software Asset Management Tools | LogicManagerLeah Gourley2019-01-22T14:30:06-04:00
- Customer Complaint Management SoftwareLogicManager Analyst Team2019-01-04T10:44:52-04:00
- Meaningful Use Specifications for EMR TransitionsLogicManager Analyst Team2018-08-10T11:03:35-04:00
- OSHA ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2018-08-10T11:41:17-04:00
- HIPAA ComplianceLogicManager Analyst Team2018-08-10T10:50:46-04:00
- Third-Party Risk AssessmentAlix Jansma2019-02-20T10:37:20-04:00
- Vendor Onboarding Checklist and TemplateLeah Gourley2019-02-26T11:31:35-04:00
- Vendor Due Diligence Questionnaire and ChecklistBernie Lapierre2019-02-26T11:33:36-04:00
- Mobile Banking Risk Assessment: Electronic Banking Examination ChecklistLogicManager Analyst Team2019-03-05T16:28:10-04:00